|Fireworks cause extensive air pollution in a short amount of time, leaving metal particles, dangerous toxins, harmful chemicals and smoke in the air for hours and days. Some of the toxins never fully decompose or disintegrate, but rather hang around in the environment, poisoning all they come into contact with.
||Increase in the sound levels can lead to restlessness, temporary or permanent hearing loss, high blood pressure, and sleep disturbance. Fireworks can also cause respiratory problems such as: chronic or allergic bronchitis, bronchial asthma, sinusitis, rhinitis, pneumonia and laryngitis.
||According to World of Chemicals, fire crackers release polutants such as sulphur dioxide, lead, magnesium and nitrate that cause various respiratory ailments. As diwali falls during winter, gases released from firecrackers get trapped in mist, thereby increasing the effects of pollution.